MER Training Curriculum
Learning is an intensely personal process and an integral part of our growth. The continued exploration of the body, in greater and greater depth, illuminates and brings the awareness of one’s self into focus.
The Myofascial Energetic Release (MER) Training curriculum consists of 8 Areas of Instruction that progress in a systematic way through each of the 6 modules.
The 8 Areas of Instruction are:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Deep Tissue Bodywork & Functional Assessment
- Movement Education, Myofascial Unwinding
- Somatic Psychology
- Working with Pain Syndromes
- Business and Marketing
- Professional Ethics
The Eight Areas of Instruction are weaved through each module until graduation through the following:
- Theory & Principles of working with pain syndromes
- Demonstrations of each Area of Instruction & How to create a session
- Practice/Lab: Practice exchange during modules & Home practice after the first module working with at least 3 people
As you progress in the training, you will have considerable exposure to the MER series through practicum exchanges with one another, and from demonstrations of MER session series given by the instructor. This will open the pathway for a deeper understanding of the coherent bond between each Area of Instruction. The MER Training format encourages optimum learning experiences for students and provides the opportunity for hands-on evaluation of your progress and skills by the instructor.
Throughout all training modules there is an environment of learning, empathy, presence and acceptance. This creates a safe space for students to move into new and profound experiences of their healing powers and the science and art of holistic deep bodywork. The MER Training is designed to focus on exploring the modality of deep bodywork as a healing art, incorporating a unique combination of bodywork techniques and teachings as a way of working with people, bringing together the connection between the brain, emotions, body and energy.
Techniques & Tools taught in the MER Training
- The art and science of deep bodywork.
- Assisted stretches coming from Ayurvedic Yoga Massage
- How to evaluate soft tissue spasm through out the body and head.
- How to release chronic muscle spasms through deep sensitive touch; working on painful areas for up to 5 minutes giving the fascia time to release.
- Educating clients on the cause of their holding and pain. Education is a powerful ally in the healing of chronic pain.
- Myofascial Unwinding; a sophisticated method of movement education that uses the body’s natural wisdom to release and integrate.
- Structural, functional and emotional body reading through which we evaluate the body–mind of the client.
- Palpation; the art of evaluating the soft tissues of the body through listening hands
- Trauma healing; working with the felt sense of the body and activating the body’s natural ability to self-regulate and release physical, emotional and psychological traumas.
- Skills to work with emotions that arise during sessions. Five keys that will support emotional integration.
- Structural bodywork to restore balance in the structure of the body.
The MER Training is delivered in 6 x 6-day modules taking place in our training centers in France and Poland. You can start the MER Training with any of the modules as all modules (except for the Advanced module) can be taken in any order.