Myofascial Energetic Release II
Feet, Legs and Hips (Grounding)
- Release pain and restore natural movement to the feet, legs and hips
- Assess and treat foot, knee and hip complaints, including body reading, palpation skills and movement tests.
- Gain knowledge of different tools to work with the plantar fascia
- Joint mobilization for the foot, ankle, knee, and hip. Assisted stretches for the feet, legs and hips.
- Learn how to move deep into the body and at the sometime listen with sensitive hands for release.
- Learn how to structurally balance the legs and feet.
- Understand the Psychology of pain in the knees, hips and feet and how to work with a powerful method of somatic dialoging Learn Myofascial Unwinding of the Legs and Hips
- Learn Myofascial anatomy of the lower body. And fascial anatomy and physiology.
Although one out of every ten people will suffer from plantar fasciitis at some point in their lives, the effects of competent footwork and work that continues up the back line of the leg can be remarkable in helping people find relief.
This module teaches techniques to treat the lower body through a process of deep bodywork, joint mobilization, assisted stretches and unwinding.
Using the posterior line of the leg as our starting point, we expand to focus on the hips, knees, feet, and legs at an advanced level.
An important focus in this module is learning how to free the gluteus medius, minims, tensor fascia latae, and the deep rotators of the hip Participants will also learn the importance of the tibialis anterior and its role in flexing the foot at the ankle. Students learn to work on all the compartments of the upper leg through work on the hamstrings, adductors, abductors and quadriceps.
Comprised of daily meditations, theoretical instruction, demonstrations and active partner exchange, the feet, legs and hips module is a guided learning experience covering body mechanics and correct methods of working with the fascia and joints. Students also learn client body reading techniques, including ‘tracking,’ a self-correcting method to align the feet and legs.
Time and space is given for questions, and discussion of actual cases participants may have encountered in their practice.
The module also include detailed work on the knee and hip joints, and the myth of the arthritic knee and hip.
Participants successfully completing the Lower Body module will have an enhanced skill level and sensitivity when dealing with persistant pain and structural dysfunction in the feet, knees and hips.
Through bodyreading, students will be able to interpret structural imbalances and use a range of techniques to create sessions integrating the lower body with the pelvis and spine. In the process, students will be able to support clients’ felt sense of grounding and energetic contact through the feet and legs.
MER Training Structure
You can start the MER Training with any of the modules as all modules (except for the Advanced module) can be taken in any order.
Select a module from the menu below.